Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Sweater vests and mountain peaks


Pikes Peak 2, originally uploaded by shuksan73.

OK, I get it. The Broncos are huge here. They're so big they make Buffalo's support for the Bills look like a pee-wee team. You can't go ANYWHERE in this town without seeing orange and blue.

I can appreciate, I really can, but can we please, please, please, ditch the most annoying McDonald's commercial in the world? For the uninitiated, let me explain.

The commercial looks like a press conference with quarterback Jay Cutler (who's really good, by the way). Cutler asks for the next question and a kid who looks to be about 10 in a sweater vest starts asking about the McDonald's Dollar Menu.

I'll let YouTube take you the rest of the way.



It's a nice commercial, it really is. But it's on 17,000 times a day. I've almost seen more of this kid than McCain or Obama. And in a swing state, that's nearly impossible. I just can't watch it anymore. But with the Broncos off to the start they are, I might have to until February.
Please, someone, come with a new one. The batteries in my remote are wearing out from changing the channel.

It's my policy to include a photo with every entry. This one's of Pikes Peak near Palmer, Lake Colo., a very small town about 25 miles north of Colorado Springs . I went on a little expedition before going to my cousin's to watch the Bills game (thank you DirectTV).

No comments: